Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't let the cute exterior fool you...




It's my favorite time of day; Logan falls asleep in my arms each night. I know, the parenting books would never approve. But, you see, I am 99% sure he is our last child, and I take advantage of guilty pleasures like this because of that. He's just not a snuggler, otherwise- he goes one hundred miles an hour during the day. So, I hold him at night.






So, I sit and enjoy, and he still goes down in his crib like a champ. He sleeps all night; it only took him 9 months to do that. I knew in the hospital that he had a high-maintenance personality; he wouldn't let me put him in the isolette- he squawked and screamed out of exhausted sleep.









So, he has a natural talent with anything round. He is coordinated for a 19 month old with a soccer ball. He can kick it around- dribble it- so cute! He throws EVERYTHING! You know that carve-board turkey commercial where the dad dodges some food that is thrown? That is Logan to a T- and I laugh every time I see that commercial!! This kid can throw and has wicked aim! I can't even tell you the number of times he has clocked me with toys, food, balls, you name it.






So, don't let that cute exterior fool you... he's such a pill! Jordan was so innocently watching T.V. for some down-time a few weeks ago, and Logan grabbed the Jack-in-the-box toy that is metal; and he clocked Jordan right on the cheek with it!! Black eye- immediately. Jordan didn't even have a prayer. Jordan wailed. I was downstairs in the preschool room checking e mail. I run upstairs to see Jordan's under-eye puffing up like a cartoon character. Logan felt so bad that he came over to Jordan and lay his head on his shoulder as his "sorry" and so I clicked this picture because we can't let our guard- down- Logan has an arm. Watch out.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

He may end of being a rotten sleeper (let's hope not) but you'll never regret those sweet moments. I can say that since Austin is sleeping on me as I type this :).