He's here. My sweet baby boy is here! Monday, September 21, 2009 was an eventful day. Ry and I drove to the hospital at 8:30 a.m. leaving the kids with Bonnie. By 10:30 a.m. I was hooked up to pitocin and an antibiotic/fluids and was watching movies. I chose this time to have an epidural; and had really unrealistic expectations, because, long story short- it didn't work! It did take the edge off of things at the end- but was ultimately glad that my Fantastic Doula- my mom- was there with Ryan to help me breathe through contractions! Transition came fast and within 10 minutes I went from 6 cm to 10 and was throwing up my jello and begging them to remove the catheter, monitoring bands, etc. from me. I had two great Midwives attend me- and Logan made his way into the world at 8:47 p.m. weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long! He scared us- took a few seconds to get him breathing and crying- which was scary for us- but he pinked up right away and is the most beautiful boy!! I am head over heels for him! He's a bit more temperamental than the other three- but is a delight. He has tons of black hair!! We brought him home on Tuesday night- and he has had a battle with Jaundice- but he is healthy and happy and we love him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with stomach troubles during baby deliveries! That was the worst for me.
I'm sorry it wasn't the delivery you hoped for.
He sure is beautiful!
Post a Comment