Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Thoughts...

are a little jumbled- but I want to remember a few things right now:

Jordan: having you read to ME is a fun adventure- I am excited for you! Either your clothes are shrinking; or you are growing, and I think it's the latter. You are really good at the Wii- which is great for your hand-eye coordination; but I don't want you to waste too much time playing it- I love seeing you outside in our back yard sledding with friends and throwing your head back in a joyous laugh.

Bobby: still our champion whiner. You are truly a guardian of Logan- you care so much for him and love to kiss him and play toys with him and love on him. Your clothes are getting smaller as well. You began whistling last month; and Jordan is jealous that he can't, yet! You have begun to do something a little strange: you kiss your top of your hand over and over again?!! Not sure if you're just practicing. You worry me at times- saying aloud that you wish you could paint your toenails pink like Julia- trying on her shoes, etc. Should I be worried?

Julia: I am hoping we can make it to Spring to buy you more clothes since yours are shrinking! You really make me smile when you say "Thank You, Mommmy" and are so polite and pleasant. You are such a big girl- no more diapers for you!! I hardly wash anything besides underroos lately; because all you wear are dress-ups or your new Cinderella nightgown all day. I have to beg you to put on jeans under your dresses to go out in public. Your new princess polly pockets are your favorite thing. I will always be grateful for the kind things you say to me. "Mommy, you princess, I love you." and "You pretty, mommy." I don't feel very pretty lately, so it warms my heart.

Logan: You are truly a wild card. Your infectious smile and dimples brighten my day! You are holding your head up so well and can now grasp toys and bring them ALL up to drool on them. You can make your sweet lips into a perfect "o" and your look of concentration on your face is to be admired. You cry and cry at night- and nothing I do seems to help you. I try to give you your binky and you gag, spit it out, all while arching your back. If it's not your idea to go to sleep then you fight SO hard against it- I can't "read" your signals much anymore- we have taken another side-road of uncertainty. I began to scrapbook your pictures and September seems like a world away already. You are very tall- I put 6-9 month clothes on you and they fit so perfectly! I love to snuggle you for naps and kisses on those chubby cheeks are my favorite. I'll keep trying to capture the right combination to keep you happy.

Life keeps rolling at a crazy pace at our house. I find my favorite time of the day is bedtime- not only because I am exhausted and know that more than anything my kids and whiner need sleep to recharge; but because I love to read to my crazy monkeys. I have a few new goals for this year; and a new calling in my ward of teaching that will keep me busy. I am trying to keep my house cleaned up before bed. I am trying to get Logan to sleep through the night. I still love reading. I need to be running. Welcome, 2010. Watch out.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It was so much fun reading all about you guys. It's amazing how kids grow out of their clothes so fast! What's your calling in your Ward?

Marci said...

Bobby is soooo funny!! I love the kissing of the top of his hand, I actually laughed out loud. Way to go, Julia on potty training!!!Smart idea to post about what they are doing right now and what they like and what stage they are at. Great memories.