Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pink is my Signature Color...


The movie came out in 1989; and has always been a favorite of mine. That's why last night at 10:30 p.m. I had to watch Steel Magnolias- it's an Easter tradition that my sisters and I used to have.. now I continue it on my own until Julia can watch it with me! It's FULL of the best one-liners, like, "I like Pink. Pink is my signature color." or "He's a real gentleman; I'm sure he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it" or "she worships the quicksand I walk on," or "laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." I still cry every time that Shelby dies.. and I absolutely love the music score of the film. I remember seeing the first time in the movie theater with my best friend Melissa, and we "ooh-d and aah-d" over Shelby's wedding dress. How long has it been since you watched it?

5 comments:

Louisa said...

That is one of my favorites too! I especially love Weezer. She is the comic relief. "You need to hit something? Here. Hit Weezer" (Or something close.) I also shed a tear when Shelby dies. Ohhh. Such a good movie!!!

Jaynan said...

Wow, it's definitely been too long! The part with the guns and the birds has me laughing every time... That would totally be my husband!

Unknown said...

Two more classics to add to the one liners!

Annelle: Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.

Clairee: Ouiser, you sound almost chipper. What happened today - you run over a small child or something?

Clairee is my favorite if you can play favorites which you really can't because they are all hilarious!

Marci said...

I recently watched this while my little sister was doing my hair. Ironically enough she is a hairdresser with diabetes, too. We laughed and cried as well. What a great flik!!!

Krazy Kearls said...

Amanda my dear what a timeless classic you and this movie I believe this is where my inspiration came to be a hair dresser. And the line that when life gets bad just remeber your hair could look like a football helmet and you'll feel better if you just could hit weeza! Hey I have a blog now Krazykearls.blogspot.com loveya amy kearl