Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kia Ora!



So a whole week ago, we had a kiwi visit us! Marae Ropata is mom to Keli Ann- the COOLEST kiwi I know! She was visiting for General Conference Weekend; and she stayed with us Monday night! So, we began with visiting, ate dinner, then went on our adventure: to Petco for her to see and hold a snake!




They don't have snakes in New Zealand- so brave Marae and Jordan held a snake! Then we stopped by the Pumpkin Patch and Wal Mart to pick up some things! All in all it was a REALLY fun night; visiting with Marae; who I felt I had known for years. My favorite saying that I heard in New Zealand is "Clever, eh?" and here is Marae sitting in our home saying that to Jordan! We had a great time- and want to encourage Keli Ann and Sonny to save their pennies to come visit us- because when they do- we'll be having a fun party for all of our friends to meet them!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I AM MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND - NO SNAKES! HA! How fun...what a great post.