Monday, October 20, 2008
Stepping it up a notch...
I am feeling very domestic lately... I have a new cook book called "The Food Nanny" and I have put into practice her two week meal plan! The results: Ryan is asking, "What's for dinner, tomorrow?" and my kids have tried a few new things, as well as helped mom make pizza Friday night! It never fails; every evening at 4 p.m. or later, I am asking myself what I could possibly make for dinner- and now it's planned out; two weeks at a time! So, last night I made the Marinated London Broil with Mushrooms, the BLT salad, baked potato, and rhodes rolls, and it was tasty! I am beginning to feel like I actually CAN make some delicious food for dinner EVERY night instead of eating out! So a funny side note- last night at dinner, the rhodes rolls I placed two rolls in each muffin tin to bake together- I called them butterfly rolls, but Jordan took one look at them and said, "Mom, our rolls look like bums!" I am really excited about this whole dinner thing...and I even purchased a punch bowl/saladbowl/veggie tray peice that is so cool! Look out, Martha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
You go girl! HA HA - you are funny too. Hope you are doing well. I haven't talked with you for ages.
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to look into this!
Way to go Amanda! We'll be there at 6 p.m. every night to enjoy it with you! ;) LOVE YA!
Sounds like something I need. I'm putting it on my list of things I want for my birthday/Christmas! I'm always looking for ways to make dinner easier.
Yay for you! Having it planned in advance totally makes things easier... and more fun! I love it when my kids ask what's for dinner and I actually have an answer!
I have been loving that book! The first night I bought it, I took it home and read just about every recipe!
Wow girl, I am so amazed and proud of you. Before you know it you'll find yourself in culinary arts school. I loved the comment Jordan made about the "bums". You go girl!!
Post a Comment