Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Someday..

There will be a lack of little socks and shoes everywhere. Someday there might not be so many tub toys that you can't sit in the tub. Someday my house will be more organized, orderly, and quiet. In the meantime, there are legos on the stairs. Socks everywhere. Shoes everywhere. Coats on the floor. Soap dispensers tipped over and towels on the floor. Star Wars figures in my shoes. Marbleworks pieces at the bottom stair to torment and bruise your feet. DVD cases everywhere. Books next to the basket they belong in and all over the floor. So many toys in their bedrooms that there isn't a place to step. Little boy underwear on the bathroom floor. Any and every stick that has been used as a sword and then discarded. Food on the floor, food on the table, food on the chair. Seriously, I am going to miss this. Really.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this post. It's so hard to think that one day I wont be cleaning up toys- and I really will be sad about it! I need to enjoy these times more then I do. I needed to read this post- after the night I had with a certain little boy at bedtime.

Ashleigh said...

I know I won't miss the search for my toothbrush every night and then finding on the floor somewhere (or worse), but I think I'll miss the rest. Thanks for the reminder.

Nelson Family said...

I completely agree. Thanks for the perspective Amanda!

Jamie said...

Tis true! It's easier to appreciate the hairy moments of raising a family when you realize that one day they won't be there. Thanks!

Louisa said...

I had a moment like that the other day. It was like I took a step back and looked at my little family and realized that a clean house doesn't matter as much as spending quality time with the kids. Wow! And my baby is almost 2. I think that's what did it. Great post!

sara gaisford said...

Thanks for the reminder!! Sometimes you just need to hear someone else say it to remember that you feel the same way!!

Jaynan said...

Ahhh yes. As much as I love having a clean house, I can't wait to finish this house selling rubbish and let my kids have some fun again!