Sunday, January 25, 2009

Still...

The happiest place on earth. Oh, my goodness. We just had a great week in Cali! Three days in Disneyland and California Adventure too much? No way. So, since this blog serves as my journal of sorts- here's the rundown: We left an insanely "messy" house (couches, mirrors, furniture everywhere but where it goes) on Saturday and took Grandma Bonnie and drove to Ry's cousin's home in Las Vegas where we stayed the night and the kids had a blast playing in their ultimate toy room which is also their theatre room! The kids were so very good on the way down- napping, playing games, and watching movies.
Sunday morning we left early to drive to Anaheim- where we stayed at a Marriott which was super nice! We ate at the Rainforest Cafe' at Downtown Disney, then crashed at the hotel that night. Monday was California Adventure day- and can I say how much I love a great roller coaster? California Screamin' coaster is so fun! We enjoyed some rides, then ate at Ariel's Grotto with the Princess luncheon that was so delicious!


Each princess came to our table- and Julia loved it- she saw Cinderella and said, "Rella!" A girl after my own heart! The food was outstanding, a bit pricey (surprise)- but worth it! We spent the rest of the day playing then left at 7 to go home, swim in the pool, and get to bed for the big day! Tuesday was Disneyland! Oh-my- oh Main Street is still so fabulous! There was hardly any waiting on all the rides- and Jordan made me proud- he rode on the Matterhorn and Space Mountain with me! He's five! He liked the Matterhorn but not Space mountain so much. We saw the Jedi Training at lunch that day and decided to make an effort for Jordan to participate on Wed. Can I just say how much I love the teacups, Peter Pan ride, Casey Jr. Train... etc. for kids!? I can't get enough and our kids loved it- well, two of them. We played ALL day then enjoyed dinner at the Blue Bayou- the little restaurant in the Pirate's ride! Ryan was careful to plan FUN things into our day! We met Mickey and Minnie in Toon town- and the only thing I " missed" was the parade- which they aren't doing this year or just during their off season.

We saw Fantasmic and took two sleeping kids to the car. Wednesday we began in Disneyland riding Nemo and Buzz Lightyear- then Jordan was trained as a Jedi- that was really entertaining!

We had some lunch, rode rides, shopped, then left to California Adventure for the Pixar parade and the Hollywood Tower ride- SO fun! So here's the rundown Day style:

Peter Pan Ride:

5 yr. old: Loved it- all smiles

3 yr. old: nervous but liked it.

2 yr. Old: Clinging to mom and crying.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride:

5: laughing

3: scared him

2: clinging for dear life with Daddy.

Dumbo:

5: All Smiles, again.

3: Loved it.

2: Cried and hung onto Mom until it started, then loved it, then was nervous again as it stopped.

Casey Jr. Train:

5: In the monkey cage- who doesn't want to ride in that? 3: So happy for his turn in the Monkey cage

2: Liked it- needed consoling, but liked it! See the common thread?...

We drove Wed. night to San Diego! We took the day off and on Thursday toured the USS Midway- aircraft carrier- and that was amazing- that is an incredible ship!

We swam, napped, watched a movie. Friday: Sea World- I still love that place and the animals don't ever disappoint! It was a sunny/rainy/cool/warm day and Jordan loved the Killer Whales, Bobby loved the Penguins, and Julia watched the Beluga Whale swim- We left the park at 6 and went to World Famous on the beach and ate a delicious dinner and the kids ran along the beach- I can see why people love California- at sunset the runners along the beach and surfers out in the water made me wish for a second I lived there, too. Friday we met our friends- Maria and kids for breakfast, then went to Legoland!

What a fun park- not Disneyland- but still fun. The little kiddie rides were truly fun and Julia was happy that she was too small to ride most all of them! We left Saturday at 4 to head for SLC- and drove all night to get home. My new floors are just perfect- I think we are truly going to enjoy them- they are beautiful. We slept in this morning. Grandma left for Logan and we put first things first: building Lego sets for the boys that they are loving. Thanks to Ryan for a great job planning our vacation, and to Bobby for being our MVP- he was so happy and cooperative- especially when I asked him to get into the stroller! Jordan was so excited that he was yelling at us 90% of the time, and Julia was nervous- but I think it's good for a kid to be out of their comfort zone a bit. They all slept soundly each night as we exhausted them during the day. Thanks to Grandma for providing us with many laughs during the trip- it was out of a movie- we had the old address for Vegas and our GPS kept saying "Reconfiguring Route" and asking us to pull a U-turn- but we made it only to find out that the address AND phone number were old.. how funny. Good times. I love my family.

Jordan is on stage- fighting Darth Vader- I know it's hard to see!

6 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Ohhhhhhhh, what fun!!!!! I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip! What memories! Also, your floor is beautiful! I LOVE IT! I'm glad you're back safe. We missed you back here in cold, inversion filled Utah! ;)

Paul and Alli Watson said...

Mandy, what a fun trip! Disneyland truly is the happiest place on earth. Julia is such a little cutie. She is going to be a heartbreaker when she grows up.

Steph said...

What a blast! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. It was almost like I was on dumbo and peter pan ride with you, (I wish).

Disneyland is such a magical fun place and you get to leave the outside world for a time.

So glad you had a fun family trip.

Jaynan said...

I loved reading about your trip! The reactions from each of your kids was so cute.

I can't wait to check out the new floors. CALL ME!

Jamie said...

What a great week you've had-I'm jealous! I just want you to admit that eating at Ariel's Grotto and meeting the Princess' was really for you! ;)

Louisa said...

Yea for Disneyland! We are probably going there this summer. Looks like a complete blast! I can't wait to see pictures of your new floor.