I was thinking about what is keeping a smile on my face lately; and it has to be Jordan's prayers. Since the time he began saying them on his own, he has coined a phrase that is all his own, and I love it. He begins his prayer and thanks his Heavenly Father for this day, then he says, "Thank you for all we can do." That's it. It melts my heart every time, because I realize that it encompasses all that he does in one day- and it is so innocent and heartfelt; and I didn't teach him that! So one quick story: Ryan and I went to a Christmas cousins party, and left the boys home with a sitter. As we returned and got them into bed, Jordan decided to have his dinosaur puppet, "sniffles," say HIS prayer. When he began his prayer in his deepest, most fierce dino voice, Ryan and I couldn't help ourselves and busted up laughing... good fun. Jordan is such a fun kid to get to know- he's a little shy and rough around the edges, but the sparkle in my eyes. A side-note to that story, just an hour or so later Ryan and I were watching a lame Jackie Chan movie in bed when my water broke... Julia was on her way! I am thankful for all we can do.. life is great.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Say Your Prayers
I was thinking about what is keeping a smile on my face lately; and it has to be Jordan's prayers. Since the time he began saying them on his own, he has coined a phrase that is all his own, and I love it. He begins his prayer and thanks his Heavenly Father for this day, then he says, "Thank you for all we can do." That's it. It melts my heart every time, because I realize that it encompasses all that he does in one day- and it is so innocent and heartfelt; and I didn't teach him that! So one quick story: Ryan and I went to a Christmas cousins party, and left the boys home with a sitter. As we returned and got them into bed, Jordan decided to have his dinosaur puppet, "sniffles," say HIS prayer. When he began his prayer in his deepest, most fierce dino voice, Ryan and I couldn't help ourselves and busted up laughing... good fun. Jordan is such a fun kid to get to know- he's a little shy and rough around the edges, but the sparkle in my eyes. A side-note to that story, just an hour or so later Ryan and I were watching a lame Jackie Chan movie in bed when my water broke... Julia was on her way! I am thankful for all we can do.. life is great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Amanda......I just love Jordan! He is such a sweet boy and an awesome best friend to Landon! Thanks for sharing those memories! Aren't we glad for the times when we can look at these kids for what they really are....precious, perfect children of our Father in Heaven! Love it!
And thanks for the friend that you are to me. All the things you do for me amaze me. I feel so blessed to have someone like you in my circle of friends! LOVE YOU!!!
What a sweet little story about mini Ryan. (I could actually hear Ryan saying that prayer in the Dyno voice.) No, really though, that was great. We love your kids like our own. They have so much fun together and we count our blessings that we are all such good friends. Thanks for the tender story, we love hearing all the fun things your family does, keep 'em comin'!
That picture is adorable. It deserves a frame! I too love prayer time with my kids. They truly say what's in their little hearts.
Post a Comment