
So this post is crazy, but I wanted to try it after seeing it on Emily's Blog. Her's was much more interesting.. but I thought I'd give it a go:
1. My Middle name is Irene. I'm named for Amanda Irene- my third great grandmother.
2. I think I have green eyes, but they change with what I wear.
3. I feel that there were too many "chance" encounters for Ryan and I not to have fallen for each other...too many "coincidences."
4. I love chocolate. No nuts, please.
5. I actually like to clean- not that you would know this with my house as the disaster it is.. my grout will never ever be like it was..
6. I love music. I feel I have a well-rounded taste in music.
7. I now keep a journal for my kids- thus my blog has become MY journal of sorts.
8. I love black furniture.. too bad it shows every speck of dust and fingerprints..
9. I had the rare P.U.P.P.S. rash 10 days before Jordan came- thought I would die.
10. I refuse at this point to have an epidural- scares me to death- I have my own breathing techniques and strategy that has brought me 3 kids!
11. Love Cotton candy- when at the zoo I love to buy some.
12. I love sandboxes- I actually think I have more fun when I play with the kids in it. One night I got totally sidetracked and forgot about a meeting...
13. I will never camp, in a tent, pregnant, ever again.
14. I am addicted to blogging- favorite phrase I've found? "Bloggity-bloggin'"
15. Ryan picked out my ring- he had some minor clues, but I am still very impressed that he got it so right! We don't tend to agree on much else...lol
16. Julia is my girl company at our house, and I can't resist the cute fashions for girls- they have SO many cute styles for girls!
17. I am the fifth of seven kids- big family,eh?
18. I play the piano and the harp- but I am not a virtuoso at either. Hoping Julia will play with me!
19. I have the worst cracked heels ever- I have to work extra hard to keep them from being sandpaper- I swear no one else has this problem..
20. I am extremely clumsy, and seem to have passed this genetically to Jordan- the kid hits his head on everything.. me too.
21. I wish I had a designer home. I want everything designed for functionality, and for everything to make sense.
22. I loved to roller skate as a kid- still do!
23. I love books by Jane Austen. Movies are just as good!
24. I'm no good at breaking off relationships.. every boyfriend I ever had (few) hate me.
25. I never go out in public without makeup on.
26. Sunshine actually makes me feel better.
27. I feel guilty that I don't read my scriptures daily as I should.
28. I am four years behind in scrapbooking..
29. I still love to swing at the park.
30. I am 30 years old and I love it. My 30th birthday party was held at Classic Skating and it was so great!
31. My best friend Jamie happens to be my sister-in law's sister.. we share neices and nephews together, but she sees them more than I do.. I could do better.
32. My Toenails are ALWAYS painted pink. Not any other color! Pink.
33. I love the Anne Of Green Gables series..the movies are the best!
34. I can't believe that raisins are actually grapes.. love grapes HATE raisins!
35. I have hiked Mt. Timpanogos Peak three times and wonder if I will ever do it again!
36. I ran a 1/2 marathon with great friend Tricia- and this fall will run the big marathon with Ryan! I'm excited, nervous, didn't think I was a runner...
37. I taught children with disabilities for three years in Alpine District with the COOLEST teachers! I still love that job and sometimes wish life were simple again..
38. I like to sew, and was proud of myself for making superhero capes for Jordan's fourth birthday.. they turned out so cute!
39. I never thought I would teach preschool from home; but it has been a great experience and one I would never trade for anything!
40. My second and third child are 14 months apart- do the math- that's being pregnant when your baby is only five months old..gasp!
41. I used to hate being tall in gradeschool, but then grew to like it in High School, and now I LOVE being tall- it's part of who I am.
42. Each May, when it gets close to my anniversary, I get the vacation bug..
43. Rain through sunshine is my favorite weather!
44. Fall is my favorite season.
45. Death by chocolate is a serious phrase: we're talking chocolate everything- the gooier the better.
46. I hate cats. They're too needy.
47. I love to read, especially by a pool in a warm climate with palm trees.
48. Cinderella is my favorite Disney Character.
49. I broke my arm twice as a kid, same arm, one break right after the first.
50. I have a dog named Brinkley who is afraid of garbage cans. Going for a walk on a Friday (garbage day) is not a good idea.
51. I love long, hot bubble baths.. they save my sanity.
52. I bite my fingernails.. it's a terrible habit that I haven't mastered yet.
53. I drive a Honda Odyssey- a minivan. Never thought I would but now I love it- travel in a minivan- you'll love it.
54. I used to work in the Computer Labs at USU: don't know how I got the job, but I loved it.
55. I love the Ballet- I really appreciate the beauty of live orchestra music and dance- Ryan leaned over and said, "So they really don't talk?"
56. My first baby; Jordan, weighed 10 pounds at birth. Yeah, it wasn't good. I had some issues after delivery that I don't care to remember.
57. I love to fly kites! I think it is so fun- which is probably why I love being a preschool teacher so much.
58. The Apple Pie Caramel Apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is the best!
59. I am an exercised induced Asthma person turned runner- still training for a marathon this fall... keep you posted on that one.
60. I think it's so important to recycle and use less- I want my kids to have the same opportunity that I have had to live on such a BEAUTIFUL earth with clean water..
61. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut! I still get excited to look through a telescope- if you haven't done that you're missing out because Jupiter and Saturn are awesome!
62. My parents have always fought a lot, It still upsets me.
63. I have had a testimony of the Gospel from a very young age- I loved Primary and still do.
64. I love children's books.. a good read, fast! I have way too many...
65. I sell Scentsy wickless candles that are so fantastic that I find myself having way too much fun with it!
66. I love bubblicious bubble gum- original flavor.
67. I don't like pie- unless it's chocolate or banana creme..
68. Best concert I've ever been to? Sarah McLachlan.
69. I have to buy tall jeans- I think my inseam is a 36 at least.
70. I love to be with friends.. chatting and watching the kids play is so fun!
71. I went to American Fork High School- Go Cavemen! I was a choir geek!
72. On that note-(hee hee) I aspire to be a 1st Alto in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir..
73. When I go to Chili's I can't help but order the Chicken Crispers! Too good.. too fattening..
74. I love eating cereal for breakfast. That's all. Cereal.
75. I used to drive this cute red convertible in college.. Jamie and Kris and I spent a lot of fun times in that car... remember that hill?
76. Love Rollercoasters.. haven't been to a six flags yet, though.
77. Never been on a cruise, hope to go someday!
78. I can still do some mean tricks on a trampoline.. keeps Jordan laughing.
79. I can make a mean pan cookie with Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate chips. It only has a half pound of butter in them..
80. My diamond is princess cut.. a close second would be round.
81. I love my families! I feel so fortunate to have such cool families on both sides and really enjoy my Mother in law, Bonnie.
82. I have the greatest friends! I am truly inspired by them.
83. I want to go to Hawaii for our ten year anniversary! That's next year!
84. Bobby has this "monster" voice that makes me smile- he is such a funny kid.
85. I love Carol Burnett- she is the queen of comedy.
86. My new favorite movie is "Meet the Robinson's" because it has such a great message to it. I actually cried at the end!
87. My hair keeps getting shorter each time Amy K. comes into town.. I am really loving Kate's hair in TLC's Jon and Kate plus eight...
88. I have this awesome older sister; Amy, who has been a great example for me to follow- and has been patient with me even though I used to take EVERYTHING of hers..
89. I have two sweet sista's younger than me that keep me laughing- they are some of the funniest and most brilliant people that I know.
90. I go to BYU each semester to present a class on parenting a child with a disability with my friends Renee and Tricia- but what's cool is that my brother Dave is the professor... Dr. Nelson is the coolest.
91. My parents are great people- my mom has always been a supermom that baked bread, made granola, sewed my sisters and I matching clothing... she's awesome.
92. My dad is crazier every year- still has funny jokes and stories, though, and was my ballet buddy for years.
93. I have recently become aware that some of my friends are afraid of Ryan and his fearsome qualities.. intimidating was how one friend put it- but I am telling you that he's just putting on a show...
94. My Jordan is my most thoughtful kid.
95. Bobby is our funny kid who is super emotional.
96. I am realizing just how independent Julia is, and how tender she is, too.
97. I named Julia after her fifth great grandmother- Julia Ann Shumway- who gave all for her family and the gospel.
98. Now that you know that.. my favorite actress has to be Julia Roberts.
99. Consistency isn't going so well in this motherhood job.. it's hard to do!
100. I really am just a supergeek having fun with her blog, and appreciate you reading my 100 random facts; so my last fact- I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt because we're all just trying to do our best!
So here's my challenge to you- give me your 100 random facts- c'mon- dig deep!




5 comments:
K, that is soooooo fun! I am excited to say that I knew many if not most of those things about you! Must mean we are really good friends! :) LOVE YA!
I like this whole 100 thing. It's the little things that I always want to know about people most. I wish we knew 100 things about each of our Grandparents.
That is way fun! I wanted to comment on just about everything. You could totally pull off the Kate hair do. I hate grapes too. I am just as behind on scrapbooking, but rapidly catching up! I love that I am friends with you.
Amanda, I think you and I are more alike than I thought!!! I realted to you in so many ways. I am going to have to give that a shot. You'll see the similarites. Maybe that is why I think you are so awesome, because you are so much like me...lol!
I read through your 100 things again and I love how you said that your favorite concert was Sarah McLachlan! Yeah!! And thanks for the compliment as well. I love having you as an older sister!
Post a Comment