
Labor Day weekend was great for us as a family. We had so much fun on a bike ride on Monday to Hollywood video to rent movies: and my new favorite? Nim's Island! So cute! Abigail Breslan, Jodie Foster, and Gerard Butler were excellent in this film- so I will be adding this one to our library! I highly recommend it- full of laughs, adventure, and good clean fun! Second Movie: Spiderwick Chronicles. Hmm. I haven't read the books, but the movie just didn't do anything for me- the relationship between the characters was angry and flawed; so different compared to Nim's Island.
Third movie that we watched from on-demand last weekend: Matilda. Not new to me- an oldie but a goodie! I absolutely crack up watching this movie- and even if the parents are the worst on the planet; I can't help loving Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman and Mara Wilson! I love the quotable quotes from the Movie:
Harry Wormwood: Any packages come today?
Matilda: Mm-mm.
Harry Wormwood: [noticing her books] Where'd all this come from?
Matilda: The library.
Harry Wormwood: The library? You've never set foot in a library. You're only four years old.
Matilda: Six-and-a-half.
Harry Wormwood: You're four!
Matilda: Six-and-a-half!
Harry Wormwood: If you were six-and-a-half, you'd be in school already.
Matilda: I want to be in school. I told you I was supposed to start school in September. You wouldn't listen.
Harry Wormwood: Get up, get up, get out of here, give me that book.
[He drags Matilda, throwing the book aside, to where Zinnia is]
Harry Wormwood: Dearest pie, how old is Matilda?
Zinnia Wormwood: Four.
Matilda: I'm six-and-a-half, mommy!
Zinnia Wormwood: Five, then!
Matilda: I was six in August.
Harry Wormwood: You're a liar.
Matilda: I want to go to school.
Harry Wormwood: School? It's out of the question. Who would be here to sign for the packages? We can't leave valuable packages sitting out on the doorstep. Now go watch TV like a good kid.
[Matilda leaves]
Zinnia Wormwood: You know, sometimes I think there's something wrong with that girl.
Harry Wormwood: Hmph, tell me about it.
Oh, I just laugh during the whole thing and love the happy ending... So Matilda and Nim's Island it is.




2 comments:
we bought nims island and love it, but Matilda is my favorite movie of all times, it makes me laugh. Sounds like a great weekend, hope all is well
We took Lauren and Isaac to see that movie in the theatre and we loved it, too! Great reviews...I didn't really want to see the spiderwick chronicles, so thanks for confirming that for me. Glad you had a great time! Tell Ryan Happy Birthday for me...Marci
Post a Comment