Saturday, November 15, 2008

10 Yeears Ago!






Can you believe it? Ten. Ten years ago I was living in the Lynwood Apartments with Jamie, Alli, Chanel, Amber, and cute little Janice. In my Junior year at USU, studying Early Childhood Special Education; working at the Student Computer Labs on Campus, cleaning a house once a week, and working my favorite third job ever: The Bear River Activities and Skills Center working with people with Disabilities! I first saw Ryan at the end of my Sophomore year at a stake closing social. There with Kris and Jamie and Ansen; we ate and after Ansen and I joined a softball game, Ansen stopped to talk to Ryan. I stood there; hoping to be introduced to this Tall, Dark, Handsome guy, but Ansen didn't! I have my ways, though, and in the car ride home asked Ansen who it was he was talking to. I learned his name- Ryan Day- and that he was AP in the same mission that Ansen had served in: Wellington, New Zealand. Months later, I would never know that the ONE time Chanel and I decided to walk up to campus and work out- that Ryan would exit his home- next to my new apartment complex- and walk with us. I couldn't believe it! His backpack even had the New Zealand flag on it- here he was- walking with us up to campus! Later, he would follow Jamie home from the airport and bring up her bags to see me sitting and practicing my harp (that pretty instrument I played before kids). I would later learn that a few of my best friends had a crush on him; not to mention the whole USU 29th Ward's Relief Society!! But one day, while Ryan was waiting for a computer in the lab- I would call his name off the waiting list, and he would in turn ask me out! So it's ten years ago that we went on our first date- the failing, awkward, quite honestly the worst date I had ever been on- but when he left my apartment after that date I knew something was different. He was the one for me. We spend EVERY day over the next few weeks together; and after being an integral part of the Surprise party for my 21st birthday, he gave me three white roses and our FIRST kiss! Today, ten years later, I am 31, married to Ryan, with three cute kids! We spent my Birthday going to my favorite places: Pottery Barn Kids, Restoration Hardware, and for lunch at Cheesecake Factory. We took the kids to Build a Bear today- a first- and it was a ton of fun! Julia chose a pink and white bear, Bobby a cheetah, and Jordan a husky! It's been a great day- and I can't help but think about the magnitude of what happened 10 yeears ago- eons ago- that set my life into motion for the greatest ride, ever: being married to Ryan. I love him with all of my heart!

p.s.- in the last picture we're all ready for the Howl- we were "White Trash"- how cool were WE?

7 comments:

Kris & Christina said...

Hey Amanda,
Congrats on ten years.
Kris

Ashleigh said...

I remember it all . . . okay not all of it. But I remember how thrilled Ansen was when you guys started dating. 10 years ago . . we'd been on our first date (Homecoming) and then I remember you got engaged right before us! Man, so long ago! Amazing, it's been 10 years!

Loved your post!

Rusti said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had so much fun.

Nelson Family said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!!! You are an awesome friend and you and Ryan are a cute couple! LOVE YOU!

Marci said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad that we are friends. I remember the Falls apartments like it was yesterday!! How time flies! We are so glad that we have stayed close. We love you guys!!

Louisa said...

Yes, happy birthday! I remember those days back in Logan. I even recognized a few of the boys. Wowzers! What memories. I am sad my time as one of your roomies was so short...thanks a lot Geoff!!!

John and Heidi said...

What a cute story!!! I really like the pictures. I love learn how people met. Thanks for sharing.

Happy birthday!!! Make sure recreate that 1st kiss!!!hehehe