
I tossed and turned, not wanting to sleep in and miss the opening of Wal Mart at 5 a.m. for their steal of a deal on Power Wheels- a Jeep for $88. I awoke at 4:45, brushed my teeth, dressed, and headed out. What I found at Wal Mart was shocking!! The WHOLE parking lot- full. I parked on the side and ran in at about 5:05- not wanting to be trampled or anything. I steered past the produce and toward the kids toys, and it was PACKED! People rummaging through DVD's- huge stacks of DVD players and tv's dwindled to just a few on the floor- TOO many people, check out lines weaving through the store. Carts full of crock pots, bissel vacuums, picture frames, and bikes. It's loud, but people are sorta nice as I weave through, without a cart, mind you, to where the power wheels are. None left. At approximately 5:09 .am. nothing. WHAT? Were there, like, five of them? I took another look at everyone's cart- and I only saw ONE other person with my coveted item. What in the world? This is fun? I think it's not worth my time. I cruised out of there and was back in my warm bed by 5:40- just to toss and turn some more- dreaming that I return to Wal Mart and find my Power Wheels Jeep on display and them giving it to me... then I woke up. Nice. You people are CRAZY! Never again, never again.




4 comments:
You crack me up! I might have tried that but I'm not sure I could get myself out of bed before 7. Seriously! Now, I'm so glad I didn't. ;)
Ha! The night before I had decided I was going to go to BRU and Fred Myers to get some black friday deals. And then I couldn't get my duff out of bed! Now I'm glad I didn't end up going.
I dunno Amanda. My sisters and I had a ball! Didn't get much sleep, laughed our heads off and got some screaming deals, while still enjoying the holiday spirit. No pushing and shoving for things here, just enjoying some crazy fun! Saved a dang lot of money, too! Getting up at 2 a.m. was worth it for me!
You are sooo stinkin' brave!!! That is one thing I will probably never do.
Post a Comment