Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Confession:


A confession: I love my American Girl Doll: Molly. I can't even remember how old I was, (9?) but I have had my cute Molly doll for years and loved, loved, loved playing with her. I read all the books, braided her hair, had birthday parties for her, and finally had her "bedroom" under a windowseat- complete with red star wallpaper and all of her cute furniture. She is now a keepsake and I can't wait for Julia to be old enough to enjoy her as well. I know you might be thinking: "I would never pay that much for a doll" because they aren't inexpensive; but worth every penny. So on Saturday, my mom, sisters, neices, and sisters-in-law went to see the Kit Movie- and I honestly LOVED it. I recommend any mom with any daughter five or older- GO SEE IT! It was cute, educational; adorable. Little girls in the audience had their AG dolls, and all of my neices had a KIT t-shirt from Grandma... it was such a good time! This movie teaches you all about the Depression in History, and I came away from it appreciative of all the things I enjoy- we are so blessed. It has a star-studded cast and was the first movie I have seen in a LONG time that was totally laugh out loud appropriate! See the movie trailer here

2 comments:

Rusti said...

That movie looks super cute! I'm not sure Isabelle will sit through an entire movie that not animated though. sigh I'll just have to wait until I can rent it. I'm sure not going to watch it in the theater by myself, that'd be just sad. lol

Jaynan said...

Jade and I have been reading all the American Girl books and just finished the Kit series last month. We're excited to see the movie!