
I was so thrilled yesterday to drive past the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and see that the granite steeple had just been placed! We have been watching for months for them to place it- it's been sitting in scaffolding on the ground! HUGE cranes were working- and I excitedly drew the kids' attention to the Temple and said, "Jordan! They just put the steeple on the Temple! How Exciting!" and Jordan replied, "But Mom, Where's Mister Moroni?" to which I replied that I didn't know. I saw a helicopter circling, though, and by the time we were driving back home an hour later, they were placing the statue of Moroni! We pulled over, and joined a whole bunch of other families that were watching! I just wish I had known, but was grateful to catch a glimpse of the exciting event! Temples are sacred, and I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it means the world to me. I love sharing those moments with my kids and can't wait to go to the open house! Want to come with us?




2 comments:
How great...Mr. Moroni - I love it!
We would love to go with you! I just asked my bishop on Sunday if Lauren could go now that she is a baptized member. He couldn't remember, but I think she can...we would love to go with you that would be wonderful!
Post a Comment