I've been thinking between songs as I run that it's really kind of fun to get your exercise in this way; and so I have a list of great things about running:
1- You join a big group of people- crazy like yourself, who wave to you as you run past them on the other side of the road.
2- ANYONE can run. Just get yourself a great pair of shoes at Ossine's.
3- It's tedious and exhausting- why not?
4- You can burn 100 calories for each mile- yeah!
5- It lowers your blood pressure and increases elasticity of the arteries.
6- It strengthens your heart and lungs.
7- Energy. I get so much more accomplished in the day when I wake up and run.
8- It improves sleep, eating, and relaxation.
9- It doesn't increase your appetite.
10- You can eat more carbohydrates because your body needs it.
11- I think I have lost 60 pounds collectively over the past two years- I have almost lost all of my baby weight- I feel good!
12- The satisfaction of reaching a goal: knowing you can accomplish something besides potty training.
13- Running on new, bouncy asphalt!
14- Time to think! I love to listen to my music, laugh about things, problem solve things that are bothering me...
15- Sudden noises in the early morning freak me out! A little jolt of adrenaline, anyone??
16- The smell of laundry as you run past homes: Downy smells good!!
17- Feeling like you can FLY! I sometimes get going so fast that it's like flying!
18- Running against wind- running like you are standing still: not fun.
19- Muscle in your legs.. I haven't seen calf muscles for awhile...
20- The huge, natural high you get when finishing a race- can you say ENDORPHINS?!
There are a lot more benefits listed here.
I used to think runners were crazy.. but now I find myself as one of them, hoping to accomplish my goal of completing a marathon- September 20!! Wish me luck...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Okay everytime I hear you talk I'm determined to be a runner. And by the way I haven't said it enough, but you look incredible! Seriously you look great especially considering 3 kids. . . bam, bam, bam. Thanks for the inspiration. I actually have been savings my birthday money from April to get shoes at Occine's and just haven't made it there yet.
K, just 3 more "baby recovery" weeks before I start running too! Hopefully I can do half as well as you are doing. I am amazed at your persistance. I think I will stick to 1/2 marathons though! :) I love that you put "kind of" in the title! That's my favorite! Oh, and I am thinking about starting a "Top Ten Things Amanda Day does to help me out every week!" on my blog! You're the best! Thanks for always doing nice things for me! I am so lucky to have such an awesome friend! LOVE YA!
Your list makes me miss running. I wish I still had that spark in me. I used to feel like I could conquer anything when I ran. *sigh* Keep being an example to me. :)
Wow Amanda! Good luck on the marathon. That is awesome!
Add me to the list of people who want to be a runner. I need to get going!
Your "downy" reason made me laugh. I love the smell of people doing laundry! :)
I love your lists! You always have such fun things to talk about. I can't believe that you are going to do a marathon. Good luck! I know you can do it.
So, running? Really? I keep thinking that I will do that someday...WHATEVER!!! j/k I used to run every morning on my mission and I loved that, but now I can't get my fat lazy but out of bed in the morning to do it...what a slacker, I know! Maybe someday...
Post a Comment