So here is my big list of what I can remember as my dreams:
1) Be a school bus driver so you can open and shut the door with the cool lever thing,

2) Be a mom someday to six kids,
3) Be a teacher that is really nice and loves her students,
4) be an astronaut and sleep in zero gravity eating cool astronaut food (inspired by the movie Space Camp).

I really think that was it- the big four. So how have I done? Well, I haven't accomplished being a bus driver; however- maybe Ryan's Uncle will give me a lesson and let me drive his bus! I seriously think I will talk him into it! Number 2- I have three kids and feel so fortunate to be a mother. Not always easy, and not going to have six, either- sorry to dissapoint! Number 3: I have a special place in my heart for my students I have taught over the past 7 years! I truly feel now that it was no mistake that I chose the profession I did: I melt over children's books, dream about redesigning a preschool with a mini toilet in the bathroom, huge 20 gallon fish tank, little chairs, lots of developmental toys... I know- I'm crazy. But I feel very lucky to have accomplished this dream and will continue for years to come- I want to be a thirty year teacher someday! Number 4: The astronaut thing is very unlikely; however- I love to be camping so that I can see the millions of stars and I love constellations and LOVED my physics class at USU where we got to look at Jupiter, Saturn and Venus with a high powered telescope- and when we were in Florida last year, Ryan drove me out to Kennedy Space Center- even if it was closed I was still in heaven!
All in all- I loved this book. I had seen him on Oprah and on e mails sent to me before this courageous man died. Life is so precious- and FUN! Check out his lecture if you missed it.




2 comments:
I really enjoyed his lecture too! Life is so precious. It would be sad to leave it with regrets. I enjoyed reading about your dreams!
I've followed the Randy Pauch story since it first aired on TV about a year ago, and I think it's awesome that you've started your own list!! I can definatly say that you are one of the most "tigger-like" people I know!
Post a Comment